We are privileged to have a wide range of ages in the church, including young families. We value children of all ages in the fellowship, and seek to support parents in many ways. These include:
- Help with meals in the early weeks after delivery, where needed
- Pastoral Care by a retired Midwife
- Creche available during the Sunday morning service
- Mums and Toddlers midweek group
- Ladies Bible Study for Mums who cannot get out to the midweek evening bible studies
We are sure that you will feel welcome when you come with your baby or toddler.
The Toddlers group within Street Baptist Church is a vibrant, busy (and sometimes noisy!) group for all those who want to bring along their toddler (pre-school or early school years).
This community focused activity is open to all who wish to come along; whether or not you attend any other church activity.
SBC has run a Toddlers group for many years, and we now see parents coming with their children who were brought along as toddlers themselves!
There are two 90-minute sessions every Thursday during term-time. The morning session begins at 10.00am and the afternoon session at 1.00pm. Each session follows the same format:
- Toys, games and craft activities for all ages
- Small babies area
- Drinks and biscuits provided (free) for the children
- Coffee & tea available
- Outdoor play equipment (when the weather allows)
- Songs, nursery rhymes and a short interactive Bible Story
On Sunday mornings, during the church service, we provide a creche to which babies and toddlers who are not yet old enough to go out to KidZone can be taken. The Creche is located in the corner room.
The creche is well equipped with toys, books and activities suitable for toddlers and babies. Parents are encouraged to leave their children in creche and go back into the church service. If your child is particularly disturbed during the service, one of the adult helpers will locate you in the church and call you back to your child.
We do not see creche as a ‘baby sitting service’, but also as an opportunity to minister to young children. Those who run the creche build up a wonderful relationship with the children in these early years, and will seek to share Bible Stories with them when opportunities permit. It is lovely to see a real love develop between the adult leaders and the children in the few years that the children are in the creche.