In Col 3:12-17 we are presented with a wonderful picture of what the love and care of a fellowship of God’s people in a local church should be like. It should involve every one of the church, without exception, in a beautiful network of love in which we are to:
- Bear with each other’s weaknesses, forgiving one another without question
- Love deeply, as Jesus loved us, being united in purpose and love
- See the peace of God rule over all we do, constantly thankful for one another in Christ
- Teach one another from His word, admonishing with love and encouraging each other
- Do everything in His name for His glory as His servants
This is the standard by which we are judged to be a church which is truly His church. It is this standard that underpins all we do as we seek to love and care for one another. We expect that each person joining the fellowship to understand that SBC is not about our preferences or desires, but about God’s purpose, His name and all for His glory.