The Ladies’ Fellowship is one of the longest running ministries of the fellowship.
Established in the late 1940’s by Mrs Hilda Kendell and the then minister’s wife, Mrs Oram, it has run in much the same form since, led by a small committee.
The Ladies’ Fellowship exists to provide fellowship and teaching for the older ladies within the church, as well as those who join us from other churches.
It is run as a ‘service’ – each meeting normally consists of hymns, prayer, Bible readings and a talk from a visiting speaker. Every month there is an ‘open’ meeting in which women can share something that they have learnt recently from God’s word or bring a reading from the Bible that has blessed them.
In the summer months the Ladies’ Fellowship does not meet regularly, but there is a social meeting once per month. This is normally an afternoon tea in the gardens of one of the members of SBC.
For ladies who are unable to travel to the meeting themselves, transport is provided.